Thursday, May 12, 2011

Postcard: Maroochydore

Dear Pamela-poo,

I stayed at Maroochydore for the weekend whilst up the Sunshine Coast for a wedding. As it's the most central suburb to everywhere on the coast - I suppose the CBD if you like. I stayed at the YHA Backpackers just off Bradman Avenue, where a lovely man named Justin runs the joint. The backpackers - well it's a backpackers - not fancy in anyway, shape or form. I mean you do have to share dormitory style bathrooms. But there is free continental breakfast every morning from 8am till 9am. There is also a courtesy bus, so Justin can drive you to some of the main points around Maroochydore. The wedding of Grace Stroud and Llew Baker was beautiful down between La Balsa Park and Point Cartwright. The ceremony began at 4pm and finished just before dusk. Perfect timing for the spectacular sunset as a backdrop for wedding photographs on the beach. On Sunday morning James and I ventured down to Duporth Avenue to a cafe I found on Friday morning - Benkii - lovely coffee and great food. The staff are friendly in the down to earth atmosphere. We both ordered Eggs Benkii (Eggs benedict), James added the Woombye mushrooms and I swapped my breakfast muffin for the homemade pumpkin bread. Delicious. Very tasty hollindaise sauce and you can taste slightly the vinegar the poached eggs were cooked in. Definiately going there again when I visit friends on the Sunshine Coast.

Lotta love xxx Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment